Automotive dealerships today operate in a highly competitive business environment. Many dealerships have grown into large enterprises encompassing many independent units working together. Efficiencies in every area are necessary to drive profitability.
Almost all automotive dealerships have a manufacturer mandated Dealership Management System in their organizations. A DMS usually covers core business areas that impact customers and sales/service, but does not address tracking of support functions within the dealership such as back office management, employee records, corporate branding, etc.
Doccept, an Integrated Document Management System, addresses this need by providing a secure solution with workflows to track and monitor these support areas.
Back Office Management
Storage of and renewal alerts for Organizational Certifications such as License Agreements, Dealership Contracts, Trade Licenses, Shops & Establishment Certificates, etc.
Doccept can help in the following areas:
- Prevent delays in implementation of manufacturer price changes.
- Improve revenue control by documenting and sharing discount authorizations.
- Ensure timely payments of tax and filing of statutory returns for Service Tax, VAT, TDS, etc. so no penalties are applied.
- Liability concerns arising from lack of proper maintenance of employee records such as resumes, job responsibilities, etc.
- Reduce loss by auditing and tracking inventory like oil, filters, workshop scrap, etc.
- Maintaining documents relating to insurance policies, notices, monthly discount approvals and price lists.
- Originals of sale deeds can be safely stored whereas copies can be accessed anywhere anytime
- Defined workflows for key processes. E.g. Sale Price definition: From Manufacturers > Accounts > Sales team
Maintenance of Equipment
How many of us track whether the fire extinguisher kept in our office is serviced? This small detail can have a significant impact.
- Leverage the software to track and notify
- Automatic reporting and notifications via Email & SMS that can be accessed by mobile, ensuring all equipment is maintained
- Lack of timely alerts during service renewals resulting in unpredictable circumstances
Ensure consistent corporate branding and communication protocols
- Standardize formats for logos, stationery, envelopes, etc. and store this content centrally
- Avoid outdated representations from circulating