Online File Management System
From time immemorial, organizations have been keeping records of all transactions and inventory in their account books, along with, research data, formulae, employee data, legal agreements, general information, etc.
For the following reasons it is imperative that organizations maintain their documents in a systematic method and acceptable format:
- Financial records: Needless to say that keeping correct and updated financial records pertaining to the business is of paramount importance for any business or organization to gauge its health and plan for future growth.
- Historical data: Any information that may be required by the future generations for reference about actions taken, methods used, employees or customer data, etc. must be stored and maintained.
- Legal implications: There are many documents which have or may have legal implications for the organization, hence must be maintained in proper chronological order.
- Research and analysis data: Organizations may have research data from their technical or marketing functions which must be maintained for present and future reference.
- Intellectual Property: Information or data concerning or created by the organization becomes the organizations intellectual property must be safeguarded and maintained securely.
- Regulations and controls: With regulations and controls in place in almost all countries, organizations are required to keep the records for most transactions and communications conducted by them for a specific number of years or for eternity.
With businesses now spread far wide, and communication and transactions becoming global, it is indeed a challenge for organizations to record, maintain, and leverage their written documents for the various reasons cited above.
What is File Management System?
Organizations that follow traditional method of storing documents in hardcopy face challenges like:
- Guarding documents against fire
- Securing specific data in time
- Sharing data across functions or locations
- Tracking data edits and reviews
- Safeguarding against loss or damage of documents
Organizations which have moved away from using hardcopies for most of their documentation still face challenges like:
- Documents scattered across individual computer systems
- Multiple copies of document with different or overlapping versions
- Vulnerability of data loss or theft
- Difficulty in retrieving relevant data
- Absence of authentication for intellectual property
These challenges required a system which could resolve these issues and give better options to manage and leverage the files and its contents. This need helped to evolve the Electronic Document Management System which enables an organization to manage files and documents in a systematic and organized manner using computer systems and networks. This system offers innumerable solutions and benefits over traditional hardcopy or softcopy filing methods.
Doccept File Management System Software
Kensium Solution’s document control system software Doccept provides organizations with various options for managing and leveraging their documents efficiently and effectively, internally or through a service provider. Doccept’s data management features have been created by imbibing the electronic file management best practices from across the globe.
The main advantages of the Doccept file management system are:
- Store documents of different formats, in electronic form
- Customize folder structure
- index documents effectively for easy retrieval
- Provide access across functions or locations
- Restrict and monitor data deletion from the system
- Manage document life cycle, from creation to archiving or deletion
- Set security levels for accessibility
- Control document versions
- Scan documents for virus, before uploading
Doccept can be web enabled as an online file management system making it accessible globally anytime anywhere and on any device.